Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. We are all confessing something unbecoming by saying "Not me!" Get it?




So, I did not have to make our first expedited trip to the hospital (in Melrose) after Jacob ran his dump truck into one cement step and his head ran into the next cement step. That would be awful! I did not have to witness Jacob's first CAT scan since he was in the NICU, but I do have to say he did an awesome job and did not (truly) have any internal damage.

All the damage, as you can see, is very visible. And I might say that it is looking rougher as the days go on and that I did have to cancel family pictures that I had scheduled for later this week.



The rest of the weekend went well though. We had High School Musical 2 at the Paramount in St Cloud on Friday night and that was very enjoyable. Jacob got many double looks and sympathy groans. On Saturday I got some flowers for the backyard and now just need to keep them alive until next week to plant them. Fred was back in Chaska while we were in Melrose and he was working with our friend Aaron (and a crew) to pour cement nearly all around our house. So we now have a new patio off the deck, sidewalk along the west side of the garage, a new apron off the garage, and additional cement next to our front sidewalk so we can put in a door into the garage. It looks very good, now the yard just needs to get put back together - sprinklers, fence and grass.

On Saturday night we did Jacob's birthday party with the family at Space Aliens in Albertville. He had a great time, got awesome gifts including a tee ball tee, bat, glove, tennis racket, badmitten set, Leapster, cool helicopter outfit and k'nex. I made him a fabulous monster truck cake.





Oh, and I made a pinata and Jacob, Maddie and Isaac got to crack it open before we went to the party. Fun!



My Monster Truck Creation.



Jacob playing games with Maddie and Isaac.




Our family at Space Aliens.


Yesterday we had our last day of Sunday School at church. Now that Jacob will be 4, he can start "big kid" Sunday School next year. So hopefully somebody with a 3 year old will take the torch and continue "Little Lamb" Sunday School at our church, but as for me. I'm done until I have another 3 year old.

No comments: