As a mom there are things you do that you never thought anyone did or at least you never thought of yourself having to do them. I've thought that as I've used my feet to hold down a squirming child while trying to change their diaper or when I had to "help" Gavin poop by pressing his knees into his chest and other fun methods. Wow - never thought of how my life would revolve around poop once I became a mom. Well today we went to a new park to meet friends. About 2 minutes after we get there, Jacob says he has to poop. Brand new park, no rest rooms and not even a port-a-pot remaining for the workers (who are still working on the parking lot). I suggest to Jacob that he might have to poop in the weeds. What else? We just got there and our friends hadn't even arrived yet. He decides that he doesn't have to go, I guess that would deter me too. But a couple minutes after our friends arrive, Jacob is holding his butt, on obvious sign that he is not going to be able to hold out much longer. So we head over to the weeds, trying to shield him from the nearby free-way. I strip off all clothes from the waist down, as I would have liked to have done whenever required to use a field as a restroom. Then I told him to poop on the ground. Just like a trooper he got the job done and I borrowed one of my friend's doggy clean-up bags and cleaned up after Jacob. It just made me think, "I have to do what?" And I did. It's my job.
No comments:
Post a Comment