Monday, April 6, 2009

So tired...

Fred has had a cold for about 2 weeks and Jacob and Gavin were pretty sick over the weekend. Jacob worse than Gavin, but with the addition of Gavin's teething it was Gavin whose sleep really was affected and therefore mine and so I am very tired (and writing horrible run on sentences). Jacob would cough so hard that it sounded as though a lung may come out and a couple times it did cause puking. Yuk! They are much better today, but they conitnue to cough - just not as hard. I did consider Jacob well enough to go to school and a birthday party. The party was for his good friend Kyle and I knew that if we didn't go it may just wreck Kyle's day, so cough and all we went.

I had conferences with Jacob's teacher last week. Nothing too interesting to report. She didn't sound too concerned about his lack of fine motor skills and you could see progress from his September attempt at writing his name to his current attempts. She does observe him usually using his left hand, so I really am at a loss at how to help him. Ms. Patti said Jacob is very social, he has a few really good friends, but is getting better at playing with the rest of the kids in his class too. She said he doesn't do much in the science and art stations, but they try to encourage him.

We went up to Melrose for the night on Friday and got our taxes done on Saturday. Got a few bucks back, which is good, but I hate having overpaid taxes. We'll make adjustments to try not to do that again.

Today Fred and I have been married 7 years. Wow! Fred had class tonight, so no big celebration planned. Maybe we'll break out the champagne and chocolates if I'm not too tired by the time he gets home.

No comments: