I awake at 4 am with a sharp pain in my ear. This is very disappointing as it is a rare night lately that Gavin doesn't wake up crying about teeth or his cold, who knows? So he finally sleeps and I wake myself up. I get up and google a home remedy for an ear ache, after dropping warm garlic oil into my ear I take some Tylenol and try to get some more sleep. Not very successful.
At 6:20 am Jacob wakes up looking for me, but instead of coming into my bedroom goes into Gavin's and therefore waking him up.
At about 8 we are ready to head to MOPS and Gavin and Jacob are running around the kitchen while I tell Jacob (as usual) to not run so close to Gavin or push him. Well, he runs too close, pushes him over and trips onto him. Gavin ends up with a big egg on his head, just as the bruise from last week is almost gone.
We head to MOPS and soon a sherrif is there because of the alarms that went off earlier that moring, whatever. Gavin will have nothing to do with staying in the childcare room, so no break for me. He hangs out with me with the other moms in the room upstairs while we try to listen to the devotional and do the craft, But the craft is interupted by the fire alarm, someone in Jacob's group has pulled it in the gym, so we all file out until the fire dept arrives. Then its about time to go home.
I head to Eden Prairie to meet Fred so he can watch the kids while someone at Target Clinic looks at my ear, or that is my plan, but the phone reminds me to call in about jury duty. Didn't have to go in at all last week, so I wasn't expecting them to call us in, which of course they did. And I was thinking that I was calling in at 11:30 am to know if I would have to go in the next day, but no. We had to be there at 1 pm. What? So I detour home and Fred has to leave work to come home to watch the kids, because my plan to call mom to come watch the kids for my jury duty does not work into the rediculous 1 and a half hour report time. Arg.
So I get to jury duty and sit around for over an hour waiting for jury selection to begin. We all go into the courtroom for jury selection and I see that the defense attorney is a friend from church. So after being called up and sworn in for the screening process, I am the first to get dismissed.
I come back home and have to battle Gavin to nap as he had a catnap in the car this morning and didn't really want to nap again. But after a half hour or so, I am victorious.
Then I head to Target to find out I do have an ear infection, so now Jacob and I both are on Amoxicillin. He too was diagnosed with his first ear infection yesterday.
Now I am off to dance, I hope I don't fall and break a leg or anything.
The bright point in the day was the weather. Wow! Shot some hoops with Jacob outside as he encouraged me "Let me see that pretty shot!".
Walking on Air
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment