Saturday, August 21, 2021

Pathology - Great news!

 I waited patiently all week for my surgeon to call with my pathology results. I finally talked to a friend on Thursday night who asked if the results were posted in my Allina on-line chart... ummm, I hadn't set that up yet. So, I go home and setup my chart and find my pathology results - that were posted on Tuesday! So, I sent the results to this friend, who happens to be an oncology professional, and she interprets all the great news for me. No evidence of cancer in any of the 24 lymph nodes they removed, clear margins, and classified as stage 1. Per recommendations from the cancer center it looks like no chemo for me, I will wait to to talk to my oncologist to fully celebrate that, but I remain hopeful on that possibility. I did make some calls on Friday and finally got a call back from the surgeon's PA who apologized and didn't understand how I hadn't been called with results earlier, but she also confirmed the news I'd received. 

SO, I AM CANCER FREE!!! Best news ever.

No comments: