Sunday, August 29, 2021

Colon Cancer Coalition Walk

 We did our first annual walk for the Colon Cancer Coalition. Our team raised over $3k in just over a week! Fred asked if there was a colon cancer walk a little over a week ago and I found out there was one on 8/29 - 9 days away. So I check with the fam and most were able to make it work and I made my pleas on Facebook and got so many generous donations - very humbling! This morning we had a gorgeous morning to walk and make room for the Cheesecake Factory (which we've all been hankering for since we haven't gotten to do the Breast Cancer Walk and our annual feasting at Cheesecake Factory after that).

AM's Backers - maybe by next year I'll figure out a better name

Mom made it 1.5 miles!

Cousins

Adrea excepting her top female finisher award.

Way to go Dre! She got AM's Backers ironed on her tank, so we may have to stick with that name!

So blessed that I was able to do this walk just over 2 weeks after surgery.

No comments: