Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day & Race for the Cure

The original plan for Mother's Day 2013 included all the Jeskes doing the Race for the Cure in celebration of mom and all she's been thru in the past year. However, life threw too many curve balls this last month - my dad being re-diagnosed with cancer, him starting cancer treatments, which caused coplications with his blood thinner and thus internal bleeding, and then on Saturday night before the Race he required surgery. So, needless to say the Jeske "celebration" was cut down to me running with a couple friends (Lys and Dre were suppose to run with us and a couple of Dre's friends) and then you'll see below the 1k walking crew - which mom and dad were suppose to be part of. It was my first race and my first 5k. I can say that on 3 hours sleep it wasn't a stellar performance, but I did run the whole way and it was very moving to see all the people out there racing especially the survivors.
 
The Middendorfs in our "Live for Dessert" team t-shirts. At the finish line.

"Live for Dessert" walking team included Maddie, Me, Karen Heinen, Kyra Fuechtmann, Ronnie Heinen, Kim Fuechtmann, Wyatt, Fred, Adrea, Ike, Gavin, Jacob and Alyssa.

"Live for Dessert" runners - Karen, myself, & Cori Silvestain.
 
After the Race, my family returned home to enjoy lunch and a special "We Love Mom" ice cream cake. I received a fun frame Fred made with the boys and some supplies for my flower bed. Then I got to take a nap :) We all headed up to see my dad at the St Cloud hospital and give my mom her Mother's Day goodies. We ended the day with an early birthday celebration at Chuck E Cheese for Jacob's birthday.
Totally made by a dad - with kids in jammies or barley so & the open windows. Plus, I knew he was working on something as Costco emailed me about my photos that were ready to pick-up - which I hadn't ordered.


 

No comments: