The boys finished up swim lessons at Foss on Tuesday. They both graduated to the next level - Jacob to Middle 4 and Gavin is on to Little 3. We'll do another session starting this coming week and they should be able to keep up with the fish in the lakes this summer.
Gavin in the pool.
Doing the backfloat with Ms Debra.
Jacob practicing his back kicks.
This was suppose to be a picture with his bookmark, but it was either in front of his face or this.On Wednesday Jacob got off the bus and by the time he was at our front door he was sobbing. He has been "permanently fired" from "the club". Oh boy! His sobbing broke my heart. I was hoping with boys, there wouldn't be this cattiness. And it seems so young. We did a lot of talking about what good friends he has and how you don't want to be apart of a club that requires you to do something to get in or excludes other people. On Thursday he wanted me to pick him up from school, but I had him ride the bus. His bus driver was aware of what was going on (without me talking to him), so Jacob didn't sit by "those" boys. On Friday he got off the bus and happily declared that he'd been given another chance to be in the club. Again, I reinforced that he better not be part of a "club" that excludes anyone, knowing how hurtful that is. I hope he's learned a lesson thru this at least.
On Thursday I had conferences with Jacob's teacher. My parents came down to watch the boys, so I could go alone. We met Drea for lunch and I got to take Harley to the vet, so it was a productive day. Jacob's teacher said he's doing a good job. Average marks across the board, except in reading. He's actually one step above of what is required at the end of kindergarten, so I was impressed with that. I have noticed, he's becoming more proficient at reading and that is so fun to see. Now we are working on math, as adding and subtracting was the only category he got a "progressing" in instead of an "x" (meeting expectations). If anyone knows of a math camp...
Friday Fred had a poker night with some friends from work, so it was a long day with the boys, but we survived.
On Saturday morning, Jacob got to go to "Super Saturday" at the District Ed Center. When we arrived we saw Maggie from his preschool class and he flew out of the car so fast to say "hi" to her, I couldn't help but chuckle at him. He got to take a guitar class, play ball hockey, and make a tic-tac-toe board out of clay. Sounded like a fun morning.
That afternoon, Fred, Jacob and Gavin were going to head outside to scoop some of the poop that has accumulated from the 2 dogs over the long winter. Jacob and Gavin were ready and headed out while Fred put on his boots. By the time Fred got out, Jacob was down on the ice and bleeding from above the eye. Same spot as Gavin's, same 5 stitches. Jacob and Fred got to check out the new urgent care facility in Chaska and I am a fan. It was fast, his stitches look great, and we got tons of instructions. Jacob was tough, shed a tear when they gave him the Novocaine, but otherwise had no problem. Fred took Jacob and Gavin to Rango that evening and I shopped a bit with Adrea.
Today we had church, then we met up with Fred's mom, sisters and brother Corey and crew for lunch at a Mongolian grill in Burnsville. Then Jacob and Gavin had a birthday party for good friends Kyle and Avery at Pump-it-Up. Gavin hadn't napped and Jacob has his stitches, so I was a little nervous about my boys' behavior and such, but they were good and its always a great place to burn off energy.

1 comment:
sounds like they are all doing awesome! don't worry about math with jacob - he'll be just fine! i was so worried about riley and reading here and gosh all of a sudden it's like she's right where she should be. ask the teacher for extra copies on Fridays to be sent home of the math worksheets he did that week (I do that with Riley) and on Sat/Sun you can have him do them again for you - more practice. :)
Post a Comment