Jacob got his first "report card" from Kindergarten at the beginning of December. He had mostly X's, which meant he was meeting expectations. He needs work on reading numbers 10-20, for some reason the teens confuse him as he can read 20's, 30's and so on, and writing those numbers. Otherwise his math and language arts skills where good. He does need to work on self-control, not surprising, and the comment was "Jacob needs to be reminded daily to calm his body and keep his hands to himself." Hmm, I remind him of that at home too, so we are working on that.
Jacob was the "Special K" student of his class the week before Christmas. He got to bring in a poster of his life and share that with his class. I surprised him on Friday of his special week and was the mystery reader for his class. He thinks its great,even cool, when I come to school. I'll enjoy it while I can.
I volunteered for his Winter Party too and got the job of face painting, my face painting skills from youth group fundraising days were very rusty, but luckily the kindergartners were very forgiving. Jacob walked by my station without seeing me and I told him that later. He said "mom, why didn't you yell my name". My reply, "I didn't want to embarass you." Jacob says "you couldn't embarass me." Uh-huh, watch and see.
Walking on Air
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment