Friday, December 18, 2009

Doesn't Santa Deliver to Everyone?

We dropped off toys at a Toys for Tots drop location today. I was explaining to Jacob how those toys might be the only toys a kid will get this Christmas. He says, "well isn't Santa going to bring them presents?" Umm, well, errr.... I told him how some kids didn't have homes and had to live in shelters, so Santa had a hard time finding them, he seemed to buy that. I debate Santa every year as I want the focus to be on Jesus, so I nearly just told the kid what was up, but I refrained.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

santa is a keeper. he is after all based on someone (a saint no less) that was clearly filled with the spirit of jesus.

theFeldewerds said...

I had a similar conversation with Jake this year. He was also wondering why Santa doesn't bring what you ask for. Hmmmm... well sometimes the list is a bit strange. I thought a few times Jake was going to say, "Mom you're full of it." But he seems to still believe.