Thursday, July 9, 2009

Guess who is the Wii addict in our house?

Who would you guess? When we got the Wii I was afraid Jacob would want to play it ALL the time and he likes it, but he's not obsessed. You'd be really surprised if it were me, or you should be since I suck at video games (the whole lack of hand-eye coordination doesn't help). Maybe you'd guess Fred and he has his moments too, but you'd be wrong. Gavin! Yes, the 18 month old son of ours walks over to the TV and reaches up and "begs" for the Wii remote. At first I thought maybe he wanted a cartoon on TV, but no. He wants the Wii. Tonight while Fred took Jacob to the pool (because Jacob is a fish), Gavin and I played Wii. No, I did not find this an appropriate activity for a 1 yr old, but at the end of the day whatever works, works. We played tennis and he almost beat me one game. I thought that was bad enough, but when he beat me in baseball it was the end of my self-esteem. I do have to encourage him to swing and pitch, but that he actually does it and then hits a home-run (something I've done twice probably) is quite awe inspiring.

No comments: