Monday, December 22, 2008

Ready for Christmas

Gavin is obsessed with phones. He has picked up many things, put them by his ear and in his best southern drawl said "hiah". He loves to use real phones, but will also resort to remotes, "Little People" figurines, ornaments, crackers, a sandwich or if real desperate his bare hand. It's very cute. He is also saying "pup", we think. The other night when the Target commercial was on TV is sounded like he tried to say "There's no place like Target at Christmas to save." Fred and I just looked at each other, like "really?". It was funny.


Gavin using a hand-held game as a phone.

Gavin, who hasn't ever been a pacifier baby, uses a gear from the toolbench as one.


When not on the phone, all he wants to do is walk around. No not by himself, but with my finger firmly gripped in his chubby hand. Oh, the miles we've put on and he has a very definite idea of where he wants to go. Through the gate, over and over.


Jacob has been big into Cars the movie lately and role plays the characters with his cars and stuffed animals. We've watched the movie enough that Jacob can recite the Rusteez commercial.



Jacob in the snow volcano.


Jacob, Gavin and I went to Macy's 8th floor today with Alyssa, Maddie, Isaac, Grandma Jeske and Adrea. We always eat down in the food court and then head up to the 8th floor. Today the line started on the 5th floor! It went from the 5th floor straight to the 8th floor, no waiting on the 6th or 7th, but still longer than we've ever waited. Now that Maddie is in school we can't go when the rest of the crowds are at school and work. Arg. Now we have to figure out when a better time to go is. Any suggestions? The theme this year was "A Day in the Life of an Elf". Gavin was in awe of all the movement, but Jacob was a bit freaked out by the moving trees and the creepy figurines.

Waiting in line on the 5th floor.



Posing in line, on the 5th floor.

Alyssa, Maddie and Isaac.



Me with my boys.


Best group shot we got, not even the whole group and half of us look goofy. Yes Mom, this is better than the one of you with your eyes shut.


We are getting ready to head up to Melrose for Christmas. We were suppose to celebrate Christmas at my Grandma's last Saturday, but with the weather we didn't go. We will celebrate all day long on Christmas Eve, at both family's and then head to my Grandma's on Christmas day now. Fred is hoping to spend the rest of the weekend snowmobiling. I am hoping to shop for a new car as I think the Explorer is dying. Hopefully it makes it to Melrose with all the presents. I think we'll wait to do our family Christmas when we get back on Sunday. Santa will have come while we were away ;)

I think this is my 3rd year in fantasy football and it looks like I am going to win the Toilet bowl in my girls league and take the championship in the family league. Big money! I still don't always know who plays for who or if they are a RB or WR, but I guess you don't have to - its about the stats. Oh, and luck.

No comments: