We have been adjusting to the cold here. I still am reluctant to wear my winter jacket and Gavin screams when I put his on (and then screams again when I buckle him into his carseat), but Jacob goes to school each day with his winter coat, snow pants, hat and mittens. They take them outside each day unless its under 5 degrees. Brrr, yet another reason not to be a preschool teacher.
We are looking forward to the warm weather in Floriday. We leave on Saturday for West Palm Beach. We stay right on the ocean and hopefully the mid to upper 70's forecast holds true. We are just going to be beach bums and pool bums. We may venture out to an attraction or two, but no Disney or anything like that. My parents are joining us for the week and Adrea is coming down mid-week too. Lots of help with the kids! But that left us without dog care, so they will be boarded for the first time in their pampered lives. I did find a place though where they don't cage the dogs, so hopefully they cope well there.
Jacob got to go to a birthday party for his friend Merrick yesterday at Pump-it-Up a bounce house place. He had a blast. Now he is very anxious to go to Merrick's to play with all his cool presents.
We have been playing smash and crash cars non-stop. Its all Jacob wants to do. Unless he takes a break to play Candy Land or a "Remembory" game. Gavin is very good about climbing around and finding things to entertain himself with. He can stand for a few seconds by himself and he has taken a few steps from the coffee table to the couch.
I got to take Jacob to see the Superstars of gymnastics a couple weekends ago in St Paul. He was very excited to Nastia Lukin, but wondered where the swimmers (from the Olympics) were. It was a fun show, but we could have done without the Disney concert part. This last Friday night I got to go to Coldplay with my friend Kim. Fred got free tickets from work last minute, so it was awesome that we were able to go. I didn't know many of their songs, but they sounded great. Then on Saturday night we had our church card club and Fred's mom and niece came down to babysit. I won low prize - anything for chocolate sticks I guess.
Have a great Thanksgiving. Check back in early December for a recap of the Florida vacay.
Walking on Air
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment