Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Snow

Easter went better than I expected. We drove down to Sleepy Eye to have lunch with my family. Lunch was good, Jacob ate like a champ and the boys slept both ways. I was expecting a rough time in the car, but it went really well and it was great to see everyone. On Easter morning Jacob got to hunt for eggs here at the house and find other chocolates that were hidden too, he had a good time finding all the chocolate. The Easter bunny is confusing though, as when we went to church Jacob asked if the Easter bunny was going to be there. Arg.

Fred and I did go out for an adult evening last night with friends Kim & Kyle. We had a wonderful meal at JD Hoyt's in Minneapolis and then went to the Fine Line for some music. We had a great time and the kids were good for Grandma and Grandpa Jeske. I called home a few times to make sure Gavin wasn't giving them a rough time. Fred and I are going to celebrate our 6th anniversary this Sunday, so on Saturday night we are going to spend the night at Mystic Lake Casino. It's only 20 minutes away, but its away. Its baby steps for me as I am not very good at leaving my kids. Jacob is easier to leave now, but Gavin is nursing and can just be cranky sometimes. Grandma and Grandpa Middendorf will be down to watch the kids and I'll do my best to enjoy a kid free night.

Gavin has found his thumb and appears to really enjoy it. He's smiling and talking more and just becoming more laid back. He'll sit in his swing now for about 15 minutes and his little rocking chair too as he smiles and talks to the animals that hang in front of him.

Jacob is spending a lot of time on the steps, aka "the bus". We drive mostly to school and get stuck in the mud. He has to get out and push. He was driving to Kansas with Grandpa Ron this morning though to go check out cattle and Grandma Nancy had him calling the "mechanic" when the bus broke down. He's battling naps these days and we can't keep him from jumping on the furniture, but he's still tons of fun and very talkative.

No comments: