Monday, October 22, 2012

Football Season

Jacob is trying out football this fall. This is his first football team and they are the "Packers". It's flag football and they get a chance to try out all the positions. Jacob really wants to be a quarterback, but he hasn't had much opportunity to pass the ball. He's on a winning team thanks to the "Atteberry Twins" - mini sport phenoms, as brothers they have lots of practice together and they are often throwing deep passes to each other or making interceptions. We've played against them in soccer and basketball and I can say its much better to play with them than against them. Jacob has been on enough losing teams to appreciate the ability to win games, but he's also realizing that then you might not get as much action. He has made one touchdown - rushing the full length of the field. Of course, it was a cold morning and I stayed home with Gavin and Wyatt and missed this amazing run. I have seen many great blocks on his part and I try to remind him that its a team sport and it takes the whole team to score a touchdown or win the game.
 

Jacob (in maroon sweatshirt) with his team.

Jacob running with the ball.

The footballer.

No comments: