Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Global Warming Makes for a Beautiful November

How nice it was to trick-or-treat with just a light sweatshirt on the other night. Jacob loved trick-or-treating with his friends Kyle and Bobby and Bobby's little brother Brandon. It took a couple houses until we got the "Thank you" down after the "trick-or-treat", but after that he was a gracious Spiderman. Trick-or-treating does have a lot of rules: Let them put the candy in your bucket; If they let you pick out candy from their bowl, just pick one (I am sure Jacob broke this rule); Stay on the sidewalk; Only say "trick-or-treat" once, don't try to score twice at the same house (again, Jacob broke that rule and it worked for him); and so on. Jacob's pumpkin was heavy by the end of the night, I was surprised he hadn't said anything about it when I took it from him. After trick-or-treating in our friends' neighborhood, Fred took him to a couple of our neighbors too. We have been eating that candy non-stop. Arg.

Brandon, Bobby, Jacob (Spidey), and Kyle
We also enjoyed the beautiful weather by getting some yard work done this weekend. I got the flower beds cleaned out and we got the leaves raked. I thought it would be fun to get one of those oh, so cute pictures of Gavin in the leaves. Well...

Gavin is not such a fan of leaves.
Most of my days are spent trying to keep Jacob from loving his little brother to death. This is pretty much all I say all day "get away from him", "don't hug his head", "don't pull him over", "let him be", "don't crawl over him", "please, just leave him alone!". But Gavin mostly seems to enjoy the "attention" and I have been really unsuccessful in getting Jacob to ignore his brother.


Posing brothers.

Gavin has been up to all sorts of new things lately. He's become an avid clapper, he can do "So Big" on command, he can scale a whole flight of stairs, he got his fifth tooth on Sunday (so that gap in the front will be filled in soon as he has his side teeth, but not the front ones), climging on things, and he's getting up in the wee hours of the morning thanks to daylight savings time, new teeth and a cold. I'm tired.


Gavin suprised me by climbing up on Jacob's lawn chair.

No comments: